Sat, Mar 25|
Apprentice Beekeeper (3/25 & 4/15)
This course is intended for the beekeeper with at least one year’s experience keeping bees and who wants to learn more about options and techniques in successful management of colonies, building from the practical experience gained in the previous year(s).
Time & Location
Mar 25, 9:00 AM – Apr 15, 4:00 PM
Snohomish, 1305 Pine Ave, Snohomish, WA 98290, USA
About The Event
This course will cover all topics and more from the Washington State Beekeepers Association (WASBA) apprentice level course. The course will take place over two Saturdays (3/25 & 4/15) from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and will be filled with practical knowledge geared at increasing your abilities as a beekeeper in Washington state and prepare you for the WASBA Apprentice Certification.
- Taxonomy of Beekeeping
- Overview of Honeybees and their products
- Beekeeping Equipment
- Obtaining Bees
- Building Your Apiary
- Working with Bees
- Seasonal Management: Spring/Summer
- Swarms, Swarms, and more Swarms
- Honey – From Extraction to Sales and everything in between.
- Seasonal Management: Fall/Winter
- Diseases & Pests – Keeping your honeybees healthy!
- Pollination – The business of beekeeping.
- Making your own queens
- Certification attempt offered following course material.
All attendees will receive:
- WASBA Apprentice Certification Course Booklet
- Two Certification Attempts
Cost: $100 per person ($75 for current members) Course Time: Approx. 16 Hours
Current 2023 Member
For current members of NWDBA (if you aren't sure if you are a current member please email email@example.com to check
Not Current 2023 Member
Membership is included in ticket price, if you are not a current member select this option. If you are not sure email firstname.lastname@example.org